“The Docksider” Kayak Rack or SUP Dock Rack requires two adjustments to accommodate various decking-to-water heights and a variety of kayaks and Paddleboards.
1. Kayak | SUP Storage Height Adjustment
This adjustment raises or lowers the Kayak | Padddleboard Storage Rack height to accommodate various water levels and seasonal changes in water level.
- Remove your kayak or SUP from the storage rack
- Loosen the security straps
- Slide the pivot lateral loose from the mounting slot on the dock mount
- Remount the pivot lateral in the desired dock mount slot for the height you require.
- Wrap the security strap around the pivot lateral.
This provides an operable freeboard Range (Dock Surface to Water Level Distance) of 10 to 36 inches based on the model you select.
The Webbing Length Adjustment
This is achieved by depressing the Lever on the Cam Buckle and pulling on the webbing to lengthen or shorten the web length that supports your Kayak or Paddleboard.
There are 2 purposes for this adjustment:
- To accommodate the size and contour of your Kayak or Paddleboard
- To adjust the angle of your Kayak to minimize rain entering and collecting in the cockpit.
Note: The greater the angle the greater the Freeboard Operability Range.