My wife, Cindy, and I own DockCraft Industries LLC.
Our company focuses on making the best and most convenient Kayak, Paddleboard, and Canoe Dock Mounted Storage Racks / Lifts that are on the market today.
“Bold statement” you’re probably thinking; perhaps – but also quite challenging; at least for us.
A little background,
Cindy (Master’s Degree in Education) and I (Degree in Engineering and a Master’s in Business) are both retired after 30 years with a Fortune 500 company.
We live on Canandaigua Lake in the beautiful Finger Lakes area of New York State.
Of course, we love the water, the activity on the lake, and recreational kayaking!
We had a problem:
We have a break wall requiring 5 steps down to our dock. Although our lake is shallow, knee deep in the Spring at the water’s edge; the steps required us to lug our Kayaks up and down or store them on our dock creating an obstacle course as we maneuver to the end of our dock.
I had a good idea – So I thought:
Mount a couple of boards on the legs of our dock and have the boards extend beyond the edge of the dock. Then simply lift the kayak onto the boards and tie the kayak down.
My daughter (in her early 30’s) came back from a kayak journey one day and exclaimed – I love to kayak; but, what a pain to launch and lift the kayak to store!
Two reasons: the cockpit fills with rain and sloshes around when launching, and the weight and bulk of the kayak create a cumbersome situation when lifting on the boards- especially if you try to lift one end and then the other.
“The DockSider” Kayak / Paddle Board Lift & Storage Rack was born!
After my daughters’ statement we got to thinking and watching our neighbors launch their kayaks.
For those with a sick sense of humor – it was actually quite comical.
Our Kayak / Paddle Board Dock Lift and Storage Rack:
- Clears your Dock decking by sitting on the side of your Dock.
- Lift with a fraction of the weight due to the patented leverage assist mechanism.
- Stores at an angle eliminating Rain entering the cockpit.
- Has height to water distance adjustment via pins and slots; to accommodate different water levels.
- Our products include models for those that board their Kayak while in the water or from the dock (mucky /stony bottom, or Deep Water).
- The mounts create loading on the decking of your dock not the side boards. If your dock can hold you; it will hold your kayak or paddle board.
The patent for our Kayak & Paddle Board Lift / Dock Rack was issued in 2012.
Our primary reason for starting DockCraft Industries is to share our products with those that have a similar problem as ours.
Over the years we have had Thank You letters / emails from:
- 25 to 80-year old’s
- Husband and Wives
- Grand Parents and Grandchildren
- Customer Neighbors and Friends
It gives us great satisfaction and pleasure hearing that our customers find our racks so useful and convenient.
- I did a Happy Dance!
- Wow, I use my kayak paddleboard much more now!
- Unique / Easy to install and use / Great Quality!
- My 82 year old Mother can now enjoy her Paddle Board!
- See our Testimonials @ https://dockcraft.com/testimonials/
Our Business is based on our Customers:
- The customer is the most important person in our company.
- Without our customers we wouldn’t have a business.
- The customer is not dependent on us, we are dependent on the customer.
- We are not doing the customer a favor by serving them, the customer is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.
- The customer is a person who brings us their wants. It is our job to satisfy these wants to the benefit of Our Customer and to ourselves.
We are here to serve our customers – Email or Call us:
- If you have any questions or have a unique application relating to our Dock Racks.
- Have a problem or product idea for your dock or paddling needs; perhaps we could help!
- Have a particular topic you would like us research and share.
- Or simply want to share some info about your waterfront.
Thank You for taking time to read this blog.
Our Best to All !
Cindy and Ed